Exceptional Development Opportunities for Qualified Entrepreneurs in Select Markets
For many people, the dream of owning their own business is just that – a dream. But it doesn’t need to be. With a Zen Massage® franchise you can turn your dream into a reality and be your own boss, create a new career and begin enjoying the many benefits of business ownership.
- Low initial investment.
- No Contracts/No Membership Fees for clients and a creative pay scale for therapists that creates a uniquely postive working environment.
- Simple build out – reception area and 10-12 massage rooms. Concept can operate in relatively small footprint 2000-2200 square feet.
- Usually ramps up quickly.
- Compelling alternative to expensive spas that charge double or triple the retail price for a similar massage therapy service.
- Not usually difficult to recruit staff. Therapists find the concept refreshing and fair.
- Consumers now spend between $6 and $11 billion annually on visits to massage therapists.
As a Zen Massage® franchisee you will carry little inventory, invest a reasonable amount of money and be the first in many cases in your market with the concept that everyone is talking about.
Zen Massage® currently has 13 locations in 6 states.
- Doctors and consumers are increasingly turning to massage as an adjunct to regular health practices.
- The Spa industry employs almost 300,000 full-time and part-time people and is growing at an annual rate of 20%.
- Massage therapy is a recognized insurance-eligible member of mainstream health care. With the establishment of national certification and the development of licensing laws for massage therapy, the massage therapy profession has moved toward recognition and credibility among health-care providers and insurance companies.
- Demographic study and direction in selecting your center site in conjunction with our Site Location Guidebook.
- Color-coded Store Opening Manual that assists you in the location opening process.
- Assistance in center layout and design.
- Assistance in recruiting Licensed Massage Therapists.
- Guidance in hiring, staffing and training administrative personnel.
- Assistance with organizing your Grand Opening, including media and advertising purchasing, along with other marketing assistance found in our Marketing and Advertising Manual.
- Five day comprehensive classroom and on-the-job training program utilizing customized Training Manual.
- Two to three days hands-on-training at your center when you are ready to open.
- Exclusive use of our proprietary Operations Manual.
- Exclusive use of our customized Scheduling and Payroll software program.
Tools for Success
- Use of Zen Massage® name, logos and trademarks.
- Use of Millennium software specifically written to assist you in running an efficient massage therapy business.
- Access to proprietary and proven systems and techniques designed to enhance your franchise location.
- Pre-negotiated and discounted vendor rates offered to Zen Massage® franchisees.
- A well-managed website that will promote your Zen Massage® at an easy to find web address that will post your address, phone number, hours of operation and directions, as well as available services, pricing, links, online sales and a franchisee portal.
- Telephone consultations with our franchisee support team.
- Internet technology support.
- Scheduled visits from Field Support Representatives.
- A comprehensive set of manuals that are updated regularly to assist with your day-to-day questions and issues.
We have 3 types of franchise opportunities available:
- Single Unit – Zen Massage® Single Unit License grants an individual or entity the right to own and operate an individual Zen Massage® in an approved business location.
- Area Developer – Zen Massage® Multi-Unit License grants an individual or entity the right to own and operate multiple Zen Massage® in approved business locations.
- Area Representative – Zen Massage® grants an individual or entity a license to develop a predetermined territory. Licensee must operate their own single unit franchise and always be available to support the local franchisees in their region. In addition the area representative must have adequate resources to develop their territory. The area representative will receive portions of upfront franchise fees and ongoing monthly royalties that are collected within their territory.
- Liquid Capital Required: $50K
- Total Investment: $130,325-$248,783 (For a single location including the $32,000 franchise fee)
- Net Worth: $250K
- Franchise Fee: $32K
- Royalty: 5%
- Advertising Fee: 1%
- Average # of Employees: 1-2 full-time administrative
- 5-15 p/t therapists as independent contractors
- Passive Ownership Allowed: Conditional
- Earnings Claim: No
Zen Massage® Franchise opportunities are currently available in NC, SC, GA, FL, AL, MS, AR, LA, TX, TN, KY, KS, MO, VA, NY. Other states may be available.